What we do
BuildOps is a well-funded technology startup that is developing an innovative SaaS platform designed to dramatically improve the lives of commercial contractors. We will be leveraging the latest technology, along with data analytics, to completely transform a $30 billion industry that is still mostly stuck using pen and paper.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
Who we are looking for
BuildOps is looking for an LA-based candidate to help drive our Customer Success initiatives. This candidate will join a well-funded, fast-growing technology startup with the unique opportunity to help build out a critical function for the company. While prior account management experience and/or familiarity with the commercial contractor industry is highly valued, the ideal candidate is someone who works hard, demonstrates strong analytical thinking, and is willing to go above and beyond to help customers succeed on our platform.
What you’ll do
- Assist customers with all aspects of our software through phone, email, and Zoom screen-sharing sessions, with a primary focus on customer success, support, and satisfaction.
- Become a BuildOps product expert and help both customers and co-workers succeed by identifying creative solutions to unique workflow requirements.
- Utilize support tools such as Monday.com, JIRA Service Desk, UserGuiding, and OpenPhone to efficiently handle customer cases and track personal performance.
- Collaborate as part of a tight-knit team, working together to provide superior technical support while maintaining a positive environment.
- Troubleshoot and submit bugs to our developers acting as the primary driver from bug ticket creation through resolution.
- Champion customer needs internally by providing feedback and escalating requirements, ensuring that they receive the attention they deserve.
- Travel on-site to our customers’ office locations in order to assist with their initial BuildOps implementations (frequency will vary depending on the account).
Need to have
- Extraordinary people skills: must be empathetic, patient, confident, good-humored, and able to interact well with a broad spectrum of personality types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Strong product instincts with the ability to document issues concisely.
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative team environment and understand that we succeed or fail together.
- Capable of efficiently learning and using complex software, as well as teaching all aspects of that software to others.
- An efficient and effective problem-solver with strong critical thinking skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Intelligent, self-motivated, quick thinking, and fast learning.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from a top university.
- Prior knowledge or ability to quickly learn Accounting ERP systems like Quickbooks Online/Enterprise, Sage 300 CRE/Intacct, Viewpoint Vista/Spectrum preferred.
Nice to have
- Experience working in SaaS or B2B start-up environment
- Familiarity with the commercial contractor/MEP industry
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about BuildOps
We are excited to be included in Built In LA’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020 and have been mentioned in quite a few notable articles in the press:
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.