Quality Assurance Specialist
What we do
BuildOps is a well-funded technology startup that is developing an innovative SaaS platform designed to dramatically improve the lives of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) service contractors. We will be leveraging the latest technology, along with data analytics, to completely transform a $30 billion industry that is still mostly stuck using pen and paper.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both CRE and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
Who we are looking for
BuildOps is looking for an LA-based candidate to help drive our Quality Assurance (QA) initiatives. This candidate will join a well-funded, fast-growing technology startup with the unique opportunity to help build out a critical function for the company.
While prior QA experience and/or familiarity with the commercial contractor industry is highly valued, the ideal candidate is someone who works hard, demonstrates a bias towards action, and is willing to go above and beyond to exceed their targets.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the product team to fully understand product requirements and designs.
- Write detailed test cases based on these product requirements and designs.
- Follow the test cases to identify and escalate defects within the BuildOps product.
- Manage all documentation of test cases, runbooks, and defects found.
- Work with the engineering team to help diagnose, troubleshoot, and triage any identified defects.
- Make judgment calls that exhibit pragmatism regarding intended vs. actual behavior of the BuildOps software with the ability to clearly articulate the choices made.
- Maintain a schedule to align QA deliverables against the engineering team’s software release cycle.
- Work with management to help build out LA-based QA team over time.
Need to have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Strong product instincts with the ability to document accordingly.
- Familiarity with lean software development methodology and release processes.
- Collaborative team player with a passion for SaaS technology.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in an analytical field from a top university.
Nice to have
- 1-2 years of prior experience writing test cases.
- Familiarity with the commercial contractor industry.
- Experience with Gherkin/Cucumber and/or any type of testing framework, such as Selenium, Cypress, or Appium.
- Previous experience at a technology startup.
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your resume to Steve Chew: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about BuildOps
We are excited to be included in Built In LA’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020 and have been mentioned in quite a few notable articles in the press:
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.