Director of Sales Development
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
As Director of Sales Development, you’ll be responsible for managing and motivating a team of highly driven Sales Development Reps. As we continue to scale you will ensure the proper management layers are in place to maximize the impact of the sales development org. In this role you will be required to build a winning strategy, set goals, and measure performance against weekly, monthly and quarterly objectives.
What we look for:
- 3+ years of sales development management experience ideally in B2B SaaS
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and will enjoy getting hands dirty – This means leading by example and not being afraid of picking up the phone to show new SDRs how to get the job done
- Proven experience growing high performing SDR teams
- Passion to hire well, coach, and hold team members to high standards of professionalism and outputs
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to leverage data to determine how we should prioritize improvements
- Deep familiarity with systems like SalesLoft, Salesforce, and ZoomInfo
- Early-stage experience in a fast paced, high-growth company
- Hyper-competitive nature
- Build and consistently iterate on outbound sequences and templates in SalesLoft
- Help hire a team against a staffing roadmap and inspire individuals to overachieve
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement
- Establish and track goals, objectives, and performance metrics with members of your team and perform regular reviews
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies in program applications or outcomes
- Anticipate challenges and scale processes, technology, and team to support the growth of pipeline over time
- Accept ideas, test them against data, and execute flawlessly
- Track the overall success of projects using relevant KPIs while monitoring system improvements
- Celebrate the wins and provide feedback proactively!
- Ability to manage a team of outbound account development professionals
- Ability to use sales automation and prospecting tools to accurately capture activity and information on opportunities
- Results-oriented with an ability to lead and drive process change
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and a “roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplish all necessary tasks
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Work with a sense of purpose and urgency
- You live in the greater Los Angeles area
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your amazing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.