Full-Stack Software Engineer
What we do:
BuildOps is a well-funded technology startup that is developing an innovative SaaS platform designed to dramatically improve the lives of commercial contractors. We will be leveraging the latest technology, along with data analytics, to completely transform a $30 billion industry that is still mostly stuck using pen and paper.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
Who we are looking for:
You will be joining our LA-based software engineering team. As a pioneering member of the team, your primary focus will be to help build the product from the ground up. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can work in a distributed team environment. This is a hands-on role. The day-to-day responsibilities are broad, and you will ultimately be responsible for shipping software.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will:
- Write quality code with 80%+ code coverage, and thoroughly documented.
- Develop, support, and improve our GraphQL API.
- Build and maintain real-time, event-driven systems, services, and features.
- Create new components and improve existing components in our React component library.
- Teach and enforce documentation standards.
- Propose recommendations, build prototypes, and provide feedback.
- Work with the QA engineering team.
- Help improve the technical quality of our work through regular technical design and code reviews.
- Share your technical knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers, customers, partners, and other leaders.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Develop, optimize, and scale React and/or Node applications in production.
- Develop, secure, and consume APIs.
- Develop with either relational (e.g. Postgres) or document databases (e.g. DynamoDB).
- Prior knowledge or ability to quickly learn Node.js-based GraphQL API using Apollo.
- Prior knowledge or ability to quickly learn serverless deployments on AWS.
- Prior knowledge or ability to quickly learn React Native for mobile development.
- Prior knowledge or ability to quickly learn Material-UI for design, GitHub for code repository, and JIRA for project management.
- Familiarity with git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- B.S., M.S. or PhD from top university in computer science, engineering or related fields.
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about BuildOps
We are excited to be included in Built In LA’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020 and have been mentioned in quite a few notable articles in the press:
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.