At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
As our Implementation Manager, you will be joining our remote-friendly customer experience team. As an early member of the team, your primary focus will be to help communicate the value of BuildOps to customers and be accountable for the onboarding of these customers onto the BuildOps platform. In this role, you’ll need to understand the business value of each of the components of the solution, how they integrate with third-party accounting solutions, and drive collaboration across teams to ensure successful deployments for our customers. You will also be expected to meet revenue goals by managing activation numbers, delivering regular performance reports, managing capacity and scheduling, leading process and project related initiatives, working with the customer success team to troubleshoot issues, and building trusted relationships with customers.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from top university required
- At least 3 years experience deploying B2B SaaS solutions to customers
- Ability to work both independently and in a strong team environment
- Insatiable passion to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent analytical abilities to grasp the key points from complicated details
- Must be able to multi-task, work in high-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Proven track record of solving complex problems
- Extremely detail-oriented, analytical, and methodical
- Must be able to effectively communicate with external customers and internal business partners through all means of communication channels
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all deliverables for activations are achieved on time and to the satisfaction of customers.
- Consistently review business process results to drive continued improvement in our initial engagements with customers.
- Work closely with the sales team to understand customer expectations in order to craft an amazing deployment experience that will drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Facilitate meetings and give product demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform user acceptance testing on new workflow, scripts, or solutions prior to implementation.
- Create and maintain documentation of team processes and procedures.
Where you’ll go (and how often):
- We have customers across the US and Canada, so our top candidates will be ready, willing, and able to travel up to 50% as necessary to assist with our legendary customer implementations.
- You have tech start-up experience
- You have experience in and around the speciality contractor or construction world
- CPA-level or equivalent knowledge of Accounting concepts and systems (i.e. Quickbooks) strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce, JIRA, Slack, Confluence, and Monday.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules (this particular role can be remote)
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your amazing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.