What we’re all about…
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
The perfect fit…
BuildOps is looking for a passionate, data-driven marketer to own our widespread marketing efforts from our home base in Los Angeles. This candidate will join our close-knit, fast-growing startup with the unique opportunity to help build out a critical function for the company. We need a leader with a broad set of skills who can focus on big-picture strategy, but can just as easily jump in and take ownership of specific marketing functions to get the job done.
Get excited! Here’s what you’ll do…
- Plan and execute a marketing strategy for BuildOps, its core product, and additions/new releases to the platform.
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leaders, industry partners, advisors, and other key stakeholders.
- Drive demand gen strategy, combining existing knowledge with opportunities through partners and associations.
- Create and manage a calendar of events such as webinars, conferences, and thought leadership contributions.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to guide day-to-day activities.
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary.
- Explore new and creative avenues to promote and differentiate the BuildOps brand.
- Develop and execute on quarterly KPIs in line with sales goals.
- Coordinate efforts across our various freelance contractors including designers, web developers, and digital media experts.
- Occasional travel to industry trade shows, customer go-lives, etc.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a related position, ideally at a SaaS startup or agency.
- Experience developing and executing content strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Demand gen experience — strategies, best practices, KPIs, etc. — and proven ability to drive successful demand gen efforts.
- Experience collaborating with external partners/organizations and the ability to recognize and capitalize on marketing opportunities as a part of those relationships.
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative team environment and understand that we succeed or fail together.
- Ability to understand and leverage data around marketing efforts to continuously improve.
- Efficient and effective problem-solving capabilities with strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a related field.
And the nice-to-haves…
- Familiarity with the commercial contractor/MEP industry.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape in MEP technology.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, WordPress, monday.com, and SalesLoft.
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about BuildOps
We are excited to be included in Built In LA’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020 and have been mentioned in quite a few notable articles in the press:
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.