Product Marketing Specialist
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
As our Product Marketing Specialist, you’ll act as our product evangelist. You may not create the product, but you know how to expertly sing its praises.
What we look for:
- You have 2-3 years of product or product marketing experience and a real affinity for the construction industry
- You know that developing a comprehensive understanding of our customers’ world is critical to success.
- You understand how to present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates with a diverse audience.
- You are obsessed with tracking performance, and you know how to back yourself up with relevant data.
- You guide product development and produce messaging to drive customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and market expansion.
- You play an active role in the growth of our company.
- Reporting to the company’s VP of Product, this is a hands-on position that closely collaborates with Engineering, CX, and Marketing departments to drive success in sales.
What you’ll do:
- Product strategy: Define and execute go to market strategies and messaging in partnership with the Sales organization to generate maximum growth impact from new products.
- Market intelligence: Analyze industries, applications, features, competition, and trends to identify revenue opportunities and help shape the company’s product goals.
- Sales and CX enablement: Guide the creation and documentation of Sales and CX material, as well as train on new products to empower these teams
- Coordinated collaboration: Effectively communicate with all stakeholders including Sales, CX, Engineering, Marketing, and VIP Customers.
- Product evangelism: Promote the product within the company, channel partners, and to the market / end users.
Where you’ll go (and how often):
- We have teams and customers across the US and Canada, so you’ll have the opportunity if desired to travel up to 20% of the time. However, expected travel for this role, if located outside of Los Angeles, is around 20 days a year, to visit HQ for strategy and planning (7% travel).
- You have tech start-up experience
- You have experience in and around the speciality contractor or construction world
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your amazing resume to email@example.com.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.