Senior Manager of Demand Generation
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
We are looking for a creative and highly data-driven marketing pro with demonstrated abilities in demand generation, analytics, and marketing operations. In this role, you will lead, grow and develop our acquisition strategy across all online and offline channels, including paid, social, direct mail, events, partnerships, and web.
Our future Senior Manager of Demand Generation must be strong in analytics, reporting, and collecting and communicating data insights. Further, this person will need to proactively take those data insights and turn them into actionable and executable projects to increase customer acquisition. You should be eager to expand BuildOps’ market awareness, educate and capture buyers’ interest, and ultimately build a pipeline to exceed our targets. You will work closely with department leaders (e.g., Sales, Marcom, Product Marketing, Partnerships) to define an ambitious strategy and ensure we are developing the right tools and talent to drive pipeline growth.
We want to see proficiency in your ability to target and segment across segments (SMB, franchise, enterprise), verticals, and persona level across prospects and existing customers. Operate digital campaigns through marketing tech stack including Pardot and Salesforce as the major inputs. Develop and provide measurement of campaign and overall marketing investment impact including actionable data insights to pinpoint efficiencies, reduction of sales cycle, increase conversion, data hygiene, optimize campaign spend and ultimately grow revenue overall. We have ambitious goals and we’re looking for the talent to match!
Local Los Angeles candidates are strongly encouraged to apply (we love LA!).
What you’ll do:
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of demand generation programs and operations while working cross-functionally across the organization (e.g., Customer Success, Revenue Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Product).
- Develop monthly goals, quarterly strategic objectives, and KPIs in partnership with Sales and Marketing.
- Improve lead progression through the funnel by leading with strategy development, execution, and reporting.
- Define and execute programs and tactics to support Account Based Marketing initiatives.
- Create and execute integrated campaigns for digital and offline channels that convey BuildOps’ messaging and positioning to drive revenue for all market segments.
- Develop POV on the content journey for our prospects in coordination with Marketing team.
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report the impact of campaign and demand activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and demand funnel velocity.
- Optimize, innovate and drive efficiencies across marketing technology portfolio applying an experiment, measure, and fail fast mindset.
- Monitor, analyze, and work with agency partners to execute marketing programs, conduct A/B testing, and optimize always-on digital campaigns to ensure strong ROI.
- Build a next-generation marketing operational tech stack and actionable reporting insights that inform across all campaigns, programs, and content.
What we look for:
- 5+ years’ of B2B experience managing demand generation & operation strategy across online and offline channels, demonstrating significant measurable results.
- 3+ years of direct oversight of marketing operations – managing a full marketing tech stack (e.g., Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot- preference is Pardot).
- Strong campaign strategy, development, and execution experience.
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing multichannel demand generation campaigns and programs.
- Big picture thinking, and meticulous attention to detail – Ability to quickly understand overall business objectives, create a well-aligned demand gen strategy and execution plans with clearly defined metrics and KPIs.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments.
- Account Based Marketing experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical skill with web, marketing automation, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for digital and lead generation marketing
- A creative thinker with proven ability to effectively execute integrated and streamlined marketing programs
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; you must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and strong bias toward action.
- Prior experience marketing to construction audiences.
- You live in the greater Los Angeles area.
- You’ve got tech start-up experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your amazing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for commerical subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.