Top 20 Audience Data Tools for Construction Companies in 2022
Apr. 18, 2022
BuildOps surveyed the top 1000 construction companies in the United States to discover which audience data technologies fuel their success. Our team identified hundreds of platforms and tools leveraged by some of the most successful construction companies.
This report also compares the findings with global marketing technology adoption trends across 6 million websites. This demonstrates how and why top construction companies differ from the rest of the construction industry when it comes to advertising and marketing technology adoption.
What We Discovered
Roughly 1 out of 10 companies are starting to use an audience data management platform. Adobe Audience Manager, LiveRamp, Oracle DMP, and Tapad are the most adopted tools within construction companies. Why? It allows competitors the ability to dive into their website audiences, capture them, and target the same or similar ones with display advertising through a Demand Side Platform or retargeting tool. This increases their chances for successful online customer acquisition.
What’s the usage of audience data platforms or DMPs among the top 1000 construction companies? Our team discovered the active usage of over 22 different audience data platforms among the companies on the list. Top 5 (by usage) platforms: DemDex, Adobe Audience Manager, Tapad, Oracle DMP (BlueKai), and eXelate.
- Only 80 out of 1000 companies leverage a dedicated DMP platform. By comparison, 99% of top retailers leverage at least one audience data/DMP type platform.
- 24 out of 80 companies leverage an Adobe product.
- When we compare to the global usage – LiveRamp and Oracle DMP hold 42% market share in audience data management and targeting.
- Construction companies use 35% of tools and platforms available in this category.
Compared to Global Data
How popular are audience data management platforms (DMPs) in the construction industry? This Google Trends chart highlights the DMP topic popularity among construction companies with a steady interest over the past 5 years. Google tracks popularity going from 22 to 50 in the popularity index (1 to 100 scale). In 2022, Google Trends is projecting the DMP topic interest to grow among construction companies with the interest index reaching the 100 mark.
Below are the global retargeting platform usages across 6 million-plus websites. Compare and see whether construction companies differ when it comes to retargeting platforms. Here are the top 20 technologies across the top few million websites on the Internet. 54% of websites used 1 of 3 choices: LiveRamp (24.96%), Oracle DMP (17.26%), and Adobe (12.4%).
Comments and Other Findings
- LiveRamp is a leader in this category, but for construction companies, it holds the 8th position.
- Even though there were only 80 out of 1000 companies using DMPs – the diversity of usage was impressive with 20 out of 57 platforms being leveraged by top construction companies on the list.