Top Construction Management Tools for Construction Companies in 2022
Apr. 21, 2022
BuildOps is excited to share this construction management usage report. Our goal is to help construction industry professionals understand the best technology tools and platforms. Our team identified hundreds of platforms and tools and we invite you to explore, compare, and learn how they can benefit your business.
Some of the largest infrastructure projects produce an average of 130 million emails, 55 million documents, and 12 million workflows. With vast amounts of data being captured from many sources, many firms can’t manage and process this much information.
What We Discovered
53% of construction businesses implemented a new construction-specific project management tool in the past 12 months (Source – SoftwareAdvice, 2021). If you are not investing in a construction management platform – you are falling behind the competition.
In the past two years, there has been a significant increase in interest in construction management software among construction companies. In 2020, the interest index went up from an average of 50 to 100 – according to Google Trends data (1 to 100 scale). The top 5 most used solutions: Assemble, Sigma, Built, HCSS, and 12d.
There are over 120 construction management platforms on the market today and roughly 150,000 companies around the world leveraging them.
Construction management and construction project management software coordinate business processes for contractors and builders and is a major growth area for revenue expansion. Organizations use construction management systems to enable collaborative workflow and data access and integrate multiple teams and office locations into a shared work environment. Most of these types of tools include reporting, analytics, and BI capabilities.
Construction Competitive Advantage Application – These solutions provide scheduling and realtime completion data, including monitoring of product status, start and finish dates, budgets, and expenditures. They also offer data organization and presentation tools, such as construction templates. Construction management software is related to construction accounting software, architectural drafting software, construction CRM software, and construction estimating software.
- Assemble, Sigma, Built, HCSS, and 12d are the top 5 most used solutions in this category.
- In the past two years, construction companies have been showing a high level of interest in construction management platforms.
- According to Coherent Market Insights, the global construction management software market was valued at $1.4bn. in 2020 and is expected to reach $2.6bn. by 2028 at a CAGR of 8.2% between 2021 and 2028.
- 53% of construction businesses implemented a new construction-specific project management tool in the past 12 months (Source – SoftwareAdvice, 2021)
How popular are construction management platforms in the construction industry? This Google Trends chart highlights the popularity of the construction management platforms topic among construction companies since 2017. In the past two years, there has been a significant increase in interest among construction companies. As of 2020, the interest index went up from an average of 50 to 100 – according to Google Trends data (1 to 100 scale).
Below are the global Construction Management platform usages across 6 million-plus websites. Compare and see whether construction companies differ when it comes to web analytics tools. Here are the top 25 technologies across the top few million websites on the Internet.
Comments and Other Findings
- COVID-19 crisis pushed the construction industry toward embracing digital innovation and transformation. Construction management, field service management, BIM tools, and other tools – helped offset some of the labor shortages and remote work challenges that the industry faced.
- According to SoftwareAdvice – 57% of construction businesses, that expected a fall in revenue last year, reported delays in obtaining raw materials. This is where companies with planning, material management, and optimization tools gained a competitive advantage vs. non-users.