Sales Development Representative
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractors. From helping our customers manage their service department all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be joining our remote-friendly sales team. As an early member of the team, your primary focus will be to source qualified opportunities for our rapidly growing sales team. You will play a critical role in driving the pipeline that is fueling our massive growth. In this role, you’ll work towards mastery across construction, sales acumen, internal technology tools, and BuildOps products as you prepare for your next BIG role at BuildOps. You will hyper-focus your learning across commercial construction (specifically specialty contractors), the business value of our solution, our sales methodology, and effective and efficient use of our internal technology. You will also be expected to meet monthly pipeline goals, drive collaboration across the team, and provide consistent feedback to leadership on how we can improve.
What we look for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- Collaborative team player with a passion for SaaS technology
- Persistence! Recognize that each “no” is one step closer to that “yes”
- Always thinking about how to improve your conversion rate
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Easily build rapport and establishes relationships with peers and prospects
- Active listeners that will probe and clarify to get a real sense of prospect’s needs
- Burning desire to crush sales records and become the top-performer
- Highly ambitious – determined to be the best version of yourself each and every day
What you’ll do:
- Learn the BuildOps product inside and out and master our messaging
- Learn the necessary tools to be successful: Salesforce, SalesLoft, Seamless.AI
- Consistently smiling while dialing (70+ calls per day)
- Schedule strategic email sequences to aid in prospecting efforts
- Strive to exceed all goals, including opportunities created and closed won
- Participate in reoccurring sales training with a curious and enthusiastic attitude
- Leverage any opportunity you can to gain knowledge about the industry
- We have sales opportunities across the US and Canada, so you’ll travel between 5-10% of the time.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with the commercial contractor industry
- Previous experience at a technology startup
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalence in professional experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules (this particular role can be remote)
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your amazing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for commercial subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.Back to Careers