Strategic Partner Development Manager
At BuildOps, we’re building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today’s commercial contractor. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we’re breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
To date we have built relationships and launched partnerships with several software companies and industry associations. In order to maintain our current growth rates we are looking for someone to join our team and lead proactive efforts to further expand our partnership ecosystem with a focus on industry associations, private equity / franchise organizations, and product integration partners.
As Strategic Partner Development Manager, you’ll identify partnership opportunities that will have a direct impact on customer acquisition goals. You will lead discussions with partners, evaluate collaboration engagements, and develop new business opportunities. You are comfortable escalating and presenting research, business development strategies, and key issues to senior management. You will work closely with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams on new and existing initiatives and key strategic relationships that support our business.
In this role, it’s critical to have a sense of urgency, a bias towards action, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Your aim will be to help BuildOps deliver extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further BuildOps mission of helping contractors leverage technology to improve their operations (and grow their business).
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a partner-facing role at a technology company, start-up, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in agreement negotiation, partner management, or product management in an Internet or technology environment
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, process navigation, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Passion for technology and emerging/early-stage products
- Sense of urgency, a bias towards action, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Identify and lead exploratory discussions with strategic partners.
- Negotiate and close key product partnership agreements.
- Create and deliver flawless written communication and presentations with messages effectively tailored to diverse audiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a robust partner strategy.
- Invest in understanding the technical and business requirements for all potential partnerships.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research to validate potential product integrations, product partnerships, and their priorities.
Where you’ll go (and how often):
- We have customers across the US and Canada, so our top candidates will be ready, willing, and able to travel up to 20% as necessary to meet our partnership goals.
- You have tech start-up experience
- You live in the greater Los Angeles area (we love LA!)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules – open to remote
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor and build something truly groundbreaking for ourselves and our amazing customers
If this is the kind of challenge that motivates you, please send your amazing resume to email@example.com.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
“BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space.”
“The new financing will be used to support the company’s continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees.”
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America’s working class… “I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better,” he said. With BuildOps, “you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more.”
Wall Street Journal [Paywall]
BuildOps, the Santa Monica, California, startup that provides software for real estate subcontractors was seeded with $5.8 million in funding from investors including Fika Ventures, MetaProp VC, Global Founders Capital, CrossCut Ventures, TenOneTen, IGSB, 1984 Ventures, Liquid 2 Ventures and Ground Up Ventures.