Welcome to the first edition of our BuildOps Product Roundup, where we’ll spotlight a few key things we’ve recently built to help you manage your business.
AI for the Trades – Writing Assistant
High-quality customer-facing documents are a must for keeping your company looking professional – but technician notes can be messy, and editing eats up valuable time. Our AI-powered Writing Assistant tool helps you create polished job reports, visit summaries, project daily reports, and quotes, ensuring your company always looks its best.
To add Writing Assistant to your account, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
AI for the Trades – Invoice Summaries
Tired of writing and re-writing invoice summaries? We’ve got your back. Say goodbye to typos, four-letter words, and the hassle of combining multiple notes. Use our AI-powered Invoice Summary tool to combine your job descriptions and visit summaries into an instantly client-ready invoice summary with one click. Fast, accurate, and professional – guaranteed.
Invoice Summaries are already in your account! To try it, pick the “Write my Invoice Summary” option the next time you create an invoice.
Our latest Forms update make building complex forms a breeze! We built this with Fire and Life Safety in mind, but these are features that anyone who creates forms regularly will appreciate.
- Never create a new form from scratch. Tap into our new template library or create your own template that your team can reuse.
- Give multiple team members access to edit in real-time.
- Easily add tables or graphs (e.g.: fire pump curve) into the forms
New customers will see this new version of Forms by default. If you were onboarded before November 2023, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Inventory Management – Inventory Issuance
Inventory management just got smarter with Inventory Issuance.
- Track what you use: Easily record materials used on jobs and sold to customers, and record physical count adjustments.
- Cut down on manual entries: Items on job reports or invoices will automatically generate inventory issuance documents to update in your inventory.
To add Inventory Issuance to your account, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Purchase Order – Drop-Shipping
Purchase orders can now support drop-shipping!
We’ve calibrated the purchase receipt transactions in the Inventory Transaction Log to adjust based on the “Ship to” field of the corresponding purchase order and “Item Type” attribute of the item.
Any purchase orders that have a non-warehouse value in the “Ship to” section will be recorded as an expense incurred in the transaction log rather than as inventory asset once they have been received.
To add Drop-Ship options to your Purchase Orders, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Project Management – Subcontractor Directory
Keep track of your subcontractors in one place with our new Subcontractor Directory.
Store multiple contacts as Subcontractors, view the contracts and bills associated with each subcontractor, and even add Compliance documents to the Master Subcontract. No more scattered records and paperwork when you have everything in one place!
To find the Subcontractor Directory, go to “Directory” in the top bar and select “Subcontractors”. To view and edit a specific Subcontractor, click the Subcontractor name.
Platform: Sign In Page Changes
We made a few changes to the overall look of our Sign In Page while adding a few new security features like Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- What is SSO? SSO lets you use the email and password for a trusted site (like Google or Facebook) to log into another.
- What is MFA? MFA adds one more step to the login process beyond just email and password. One of the most common types of MFA are one-time password sent via text messages.
If you’re interested in adding SSO or MFA to your account, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.