Top Social Media & Video Platforms for Construction Companies in 2022
Apr. 19, 2022
BuildOps surveyed the top 1000 construction companies in the United States to discover which social media and video platforms fuel their success. Our team identified hundreds of platforms and tools leveraged by some of the most successful construction companies.
This report also compares the findings with global marketing technology adoption trends across 6 million websites. This demonstrates how and why top construction companies differ from the rest of the construction industry when it comes to advertising and marketing technology adoption.
What We Discovered
One-third of construction companies actively use Facebook. 17.7% use custom audiences to improve social media campaign targeting. 63% use a video platform to host and share content, with the top choices being YouTube (35%) and Vimeo (15%).
What’s the usage of social media networks and video platforms among the top 1000 construction companies? Our team discovered the active usage of 25 different technologies among the top construction companies. We are including global comparison usage for video platforms only and not including social networks.
- Facebook is the dominant social media network used by some of the largest construction companies in the U.S.
- 63% of companies on our list are leveraging video platforms for their content. YouTube is dominant with 35.6% usage.
- It was surprising to notice LinkedIn usage in some cases – 5.6% of companies are running LinkedIn ads and 8.7% of companies use LinkedIn Insights for audience insights.
- Vimeo was the 2nd most adopted platform for video content among our top construction companies with a 15.1% adoption rate.
Compared to Global Data
How popular are Facebook (blue) and YouTube (red) in the construction industry? This Google Trends chart highlights the popularity of both among construction companies. Google tracks popularity going from 50 to 75 on the popularity index (1 to 100 scale). There is stable and high-level interest for both tools among the construction companies.
Below are the global video platform usages across 6 million-plus websites. Compare and see whether construction companies differ when it comes to online video. Here are the top 20 technologies across the top few million websites on the Internet.
- YouTube holds a 76% market share in this category. This is the #1 choice for construction companies and globally.
- There are over 90 video hosting platforms globally. One-third are leveraged by the construction companies on our list.
Comments and Other Findings
- Globally there are over 3 million websites leveraging YouTube to host and display their content!
- This was the first time that we’ve noticed large construction companies leveraging TikTok – 9 companies on the list.